Mayor Shawn Lipani
Mayor Lipani has lived in Hillsborough all his life. He is married with one daughter, and is a graduate of the University of Rochester, with B.S. in Political Science. He is the co-owner of Central Jersey Nurseries, a local business here in town. As a longtime resident, family man, and business owner, with a personal vested interest in the well-being of Hillsborough, Mayor Lipani has served the local community for most of his adult life. He is a member of the Hillsborough Rotary Club. Recently, he has served as a member of the Township Committee for the past 3 years, and Mayor in 2021. Prior to being elected to the Township Committee, Mayor Lipani served on many Boards.
His overall political experience includes:
- Hillsborough Township Committee 2018-Present
- Mayor 2021-present
- Deputy Mayor 2020
- Hillsborough Planning Board 2015-2018, Chairman 2016-2018
- Somerset County Planning Board
- Hillsborough EDBC 2005-2011, Chairman 2008-2011
- Hillsborough Board of Adjustment 2012-2014
- Capital Planning Board 2006
- Tree Mitigation 2012-2015, 2017-2018
- Youth Services Commission
Mr. Cohen, like Mayor Lipani, is also a long-time resident of Hillsborough. Steve is married with one daughter. For the past 11 years Steve has been employed by The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey as the Facilities Manager of several New Jersey locations. Steve has an expansive record of local volunteering and service to the community, through his many years on the Planning Board, the School Board, and in supporting Republican campaign committees.
Below is a complete list of his service:
- 2005 Campaign committee to elect Anthony Ferrera and Lisa Nisovaccia, Township Committee candidates. (Republicans)
- 2006 Campaign committee to elect Carl Suraci, and Bob Wagner, Township Committee candidates. (Republicans)
- 2006 Campaign committee to elect Frank Blandino, John Donnadio and Greg Gillette to Board of Education in Hillsborough.
- 2007 Campaign to Elect Frank Delcore to Hillsborough Township Committee.
- 2008 Co – Chair Hillsborough Republican Campaign Committee, Fundraising committee to help finance the future campaigns of republican candidates for local office.
- 2008 Campaign committee to elect Gloria McCauley and Anthony Ferrera to Township Committee.
- 2009 Chris Christie, Campaign for N.J. Governor. Field operations during primary and General election supporting Somerset county co-coordinator, Anthony Ferrara. Participated in “ItsmyNJ.com”, a web-based twitter project to support Christie for Governor Campaign.
- 2006 Appointed to the Board of Ethics 2005 Joined Hillsborough Rotary Club; received Paul Harris award
- 2011 2006-2015 Member of the Hillsborough Planning Board – 2006, Alternate; 2007, Class 4 member; 2008-2012, Secretary; 2012-2015 Vice Chairman
- 2015 Board of Education, 1/1/15 – 6/17/2017, Facilities Committee, and Human Resources Committee